So, I'm 27 days into this journey and its been a slow one. I went to Gold's Gym and we just flat out couldn't afford all the upfront fees you have to pay. They were willing to "get creative with it," as they said. However, it just didn't work out. Was pretty defeated, and it really set a shadow over my goal.
"Is this really something I'm going to be able to do? Am I being realistic?"
Can't really change my job status at this point. Still filling out applications like WOAH, but so far nothing has come from any of them. Apparently, this is another lesson God is trying to teach me. And I trust Him with His timing (just don't always "get" it). But until I get a job, our budget doesn't really budge.
Well, the Lord provided, as He does in only His way. A girlfriend of mine from church told me that there was a local gym in Jackson that was a lot cheaper, and they would work with people. Plus, Jennie works out there, so I'd have an accountability buddy.
I'll be going out there to wheel and deal them tomorrow. Saw Jennie today and she said to call if I joined, because she'd come work out with me. That made just plain made me feel good.
This place is the same as Gold's, but A LOT cheaper. I have the $$ now to pay for a few months *hoping 3, but probably only 2.* And that will give me leeway of finding a job, etc, etc.
Having a little trouble cutting out some things. One of my favorite people Les Radcliff (my fitness guru) informed me that the artificial sweetners in diet drinks can cause you to become addicted. Thus, making your sweet tooth even more apparent. So, my non-existant sweet tooth has been on OVERLOAD. Tried to make it a point to eat yogurt when it goes on the fritz, but with all these Christmas goodies around...not the greatest thing.
Had a great Christmas with both families. Definitely ate too many things that would cause Jillian to yell at me. Gram said she could notice my face was getting thinner, and I just looked like I had been losing. (And the pictures we had taken at Thanksgiving backed that up tremendously.) Yet, anyone who knows my grandmother, knows thats a big deal. Made me smile all over.
We got the Biggest Loser scale from Gram for Christmas. It tells you your BMI based on inputted weight/height/age/sex. Plus, it tells you how many calories you need to consume everyday to maintain. That will be a HUGE help.
So, tomorrow is another big step. Hopefully everything works out. Keep this in your prayers, and my job search as well.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.