Day One...

It all started with a wedding dress.....

I was one of the lucky ones. Tried on five, but the first one I tried on was perfect. Plus, it was on sale. They didn't have the exact size I needed so they had to order it. Nothing new for them.

The dress came in, and I had to go for my first fitting. It fit great, but needed a few minor adjustments.

Then came the final fitting. Alterations had been made, and I had to model it. I was so thankful I went alone. The dress wouldn't zip up. I was either seriously bloated, or I gained weight. I was FREAKING out.

So, I waited two weeks with little fast food and lots of water, and tried on the dress again. It zipped up completely.

Well, that was the almost realization.

Wedding went great. If you were there *and if you're reading this* you know how much fun it was. Was nervous everyday that maybe I'd gain those four pounds that would keep the zipper from going up.

Went on the honeymoon and started looking at the pictures taken. Second phase to the realization.

Then came Thanskgiving. I hopped on my in-laws bathroom scale and didn't like the number that popped up. So, I did what I always do. I later jumped on the computer and started doing research.

For me to be "healthy," for someone 5'4 with a large body frame, I should weigh 140-153 pounds. I really like that 13 pound leeway.

So, I made the decision that starting today, I'm taking the steps necessary to lose 40-45 pounds by July 15th: my 24th birthday.

I sat Jason down and told him my goal and what I was planning to do to get there. He's in full support.

What am I going to do to get there? I'm going to start with simple changes. No french fries, more water, and only one DIET soda a day. Three days a week I'm going to work out, and five days a week Jason and I will walk 20-30 minutes.

After a few weeks, I'll make more changes. I'm also going to start writing down everything I eat and drink. Supposedly that will make me more conscientious. We'll see.

I'm pretty excited about this, and nervous. I called Gold's Gym today and made a 3pm appointment to talk about getting a membership. I guess we'll see how that goes.

This is going to be a difficult battle for me. I've always said I wanted to lose weight, but never followed through longer than a few weeks. I need positive reinforcement and accountability. If you have something negative to say about this, keep it to yourself. I don't want to hear it.

I would appreciate all the prayers and support I can get in this journey!!

Stay tuned.

<3 A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.