Day 34

Well, I'm learning some lessons in this whole journey. Also being reminded of some things I already knew.

First things first. I'm only using one scale, and am not going to weigh myself more than once a week. Gram bought me a fabulous scale, and I'll be using it, period. None of this using the one at the gym...using the one at home. Weighing myself at random times. The only good thing that comes of it has been that I work harder at the gym.

A reminder of my Ploetz health class days: MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT! So, when I hop on that scale this week and I notice that all I'm doing is gaining weight, I have to remind myself that I've been kicking my own butt in sessions. The muscle will come before the fat goes.

Plus, I know I've been working hard. The more soreness; the harder you're working. Something else the gym teachers used to tell us.

I've found that I enjoy the elliptical machine, sit-down bike thing, and power walking around the indoor track for cardio. Eventually I'll be jogging, but I'm just not ready for that yet. I also enjoyed my cardio dance class, though it KICKED my butt. And the weights are what they are. The ab machines and I are not friends, but I think we can warm up to each other. However, I know we will always have a harsh relationship lol.

This week I'm going to try out the ab class, and see how that goes. Jenni went and said it was fun, and not too terribly tough. The lady that teaches it isn't a "20 something flighty w/ no body fat whatsoever chick," so thats a perk. I love my cardio dance teacher Mary Beth who is 20 something, because she was very positive unlike most teachers I've experienced in the past at Y. This is hard for me. I have to make myself go to these classes on top of doing my normal workout. Don't be mean or rude, because I'm trying dangit! Mary Beth put it best, "Don't focus on everyone else, or 'screwing up.' This is your workout. Get your burn and sweat on."

I really appreciate the positive reaction I'm getting from people.  Especially my husband, who is putting up w/ my comments about how many calories are in certain foods, etc.  Its very inspiring and supportive.  I truly believe I can do this!!! Despite what the Calorie Count website says, I'm going to tone up by July...NOT December :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.