Welcome, 2010. You have big expectations to live up to.
So, I got to reflecting on this past year...a lot happened for me!
January 30th, Jason asked me to marry him. Fantabulous memory. He had come to town to celebrate Lex's birthday that night. I wasn't ready when he got to my apartment, and was insisting we needed to go for a walk in Bicentennial Park *behind my building*. After finally getting over there, we went for a walk around the park where the concrete county spots are along the path. Stopping at Madison County, I noticed Jason was reading the dot, and I was just wanting to get on with the walk because the sun was starting to set. I heard Jason say, "Alison, you know I love you right..." "Psssh ye--," I don't get my full answer out because I looked and he was down on one knee. Fabulous!!
June 4th was my last day at a job I had grown to love for two years. BB Kings was the place I got to see my extended family at least 5 days a week. I had the best boss on Earth, who always had her ninjas' backs. There were down times, and some pretty great times to balance it out. All in all, I loved that place, and had a hard time leaving it.
June 12th was my last day in a city that made me grow up. Nashville was my Mecca, so to speak, to get away and figure some things out. It took me three years to do it, but I did. Did I figure everything out? Not even close. But, I did realize that God was number #1, friends I call family; and family I call friends #2, and my sanity #3. My sanity used to be far down that totem pole, but I learned if I didn't take care of myself, no one else would either. I remember laying in bed the night before I moved, thinking I had lost my mind. I FREAKED for about 2 minutes. It was hard for me to make legitimate friends when I had moved to Nashville. I had made some FABULOUS friends in Nashville; three of which were going to be bridesmaids. I knew I could make friends in Jackson, too.
I moved to Jackson, with the idea I had a job lined up. Not so much, and have been unemployed ever since. Not exactly the ideal condition for me. I like my independence. I like being able to take care of myself. I think God was trying to teach me some humility. Lesson learned.
After a lot of headache, stress, and basic fun *literally*, our wedding was finally planned. Sept. 5th arrived much more quickly than I had anticipated, and the wedding party arrived with it. We had a great rehearsal that took F-O-R-E-V-E-R! There was some drama throughout the day, but it finally hid its nasty head long enough to have a great day Sept 6th. It was a perfect day for me! Dannielle, Blayke, and Sarah all slept in the spare bedroom. At 6:38 when my favorite 2 year old went hoofin' it through the living room, "Where A-ison? Where she go?" I almost died. But, I got up and went and crawled onto the bed w/ my girls just like old times. As of Fall of 2010, we'll have been best friends for 15 years. Thats crazy to me. We went to breakfast at Doubletree after church. I had to drag myself to 8am service, but I'm glad I did! Blayke barely shut up, but he really is the best kid. What a blessing it was to see all the people who came! There was about 150 people, which is amazing to me. Plus, I am one of the lucky few that get to marry their best friend. Jason and I have always been concerned with making our friendship work first. Then the rest usually falls into place.
Around Thanksgiving I couldn't help but look back over the last eleven months. When I first moved to Nashville I lost over thirty pounds within a few months. I was working at the YMCA, and had a membership as a employee perk. I worked out almost everyday. I went from being a size ten to almost a five. Well, over the course of the next few years, I gained it all back plus a few pounds. That just didn't work for me. I watched Biggest Loser, and was determined to not turn into one of those Southern wives that get married and let themself go. Again, I have to take care of me before I can take care of anyone else.
So, I made the decision to lose 40ish pounds by July. Its already starting to be a hard journey. I have to find a full-time job by February so that I can continue going to the gym. I know the Lord will provide according to His will, so I must keep waiting and trusting.
I know this is going to be a big year for me. Obviously, a new job will be a new journey. I hope to be back to school in August. Being involved with youth group is taking me to New Orleans in July!! Plus, I'll be continuing the journey of the first year of marriage. I look forward to everyday getting to know him and growing together more and more. Jason is honestly a great husband.
Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.