Day 39

Today...well.  Has not been my day.  It was an annoying day, to say the least.  Well, it kind of started Wednesday night after I left Chilis.

First things first, I have finally made a girlfriend here in Jackson.  You have no idea what an amazing thing that is for me.  I have the best group of friends back in Nashville and in Indiana.  FANTABULOUS people.  But, when I moved to Jackson I had to leave them all it behind, and that broke my heart.  I could get at least one of my posse on a moments notice in Nashville to go do something when I needed it:  sushi, retail therapy, a movie, something.  And to top it all off, I worked with most of them.

Being here in Jackson w/ my best friend...aka my husband...is great.  I love him.  I love being around him.  And he's introduced me to some people.  But, it seems I just don't fully click w/ these people on a "girlfriend"/posse level.  Yeah, they're people you have over for dinner, etc, every once in a while.  But, I don't see myself calling them up on the phone to vent to, and I know they're not going to be calling me.

Anyways, I got to have dinner with Jenni and her awesome boyfriend Phillip.  Plus, I got to meet one of her friends Ashley.  Was a lot of fun, and the closest thing to Nashville I've had since...well my posse was here.

I digress.  Someone who will remain nameless (and no its not Jason), decided to give me two kinds of Hades about going and hanging out.  Got a speech on how things are different when you're married, and you have to make mature, rational decisions.  I got the third degree for skipping on going to the gym, to go to Chilis. 

NEWSFLASH:  #1 My husband has to go out of town AT LEAST 25% of the year.  That leaves me home ALONE with a weiner dog.  Guess what?  While a great companion, Woodie doesn't exactly talk back about happenings of the world.  If my husband doesn't have a problem with it, you shouldn't either.  #2  I work out 5 days a week.  There are seven days in a given week.  That means I get two days off!!!!!!  Most of the sites I'm researching on say to work out 3-4 days a week.  And I'm doing 5.  So, if I miss a day or two at the gym.......don't ask questions.

Then, I go to work out tonight, and all of Lambuth University's baseball team is working out.  They were less than eloquent.  I finally just rushed through my workout and got out of there.  I'll hit it extra hard tomorrow and Sunday.  And, before a certain someone even thinks it, I still had a good workout, but just didn't get to do everything I wanted.

There's so much more to this, but I don't even have the brain cells left to put it into legible sentences. 

I'm frustrated.  And, now can't sleep.  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.